University, H. (2016). 5 Lessons Dr. Carol Dweck Shared on the HPU Campus – High Point University. High Point University. Retrieved 19 December 2016, from http://www.highpoint.edu/blog/2016/08/5-lessons-dr-carol-dweck-shared-on-the-hpu-campus/
5 LESSONS DR. CAROL DWECK SHARED ON THE HPU CAMPUS
This article talks about Growth Mindset and 5 ideas behind Growth Mindset
- A growth mindset is empowering: having a fixed mindset is very limiting and does not allow for someone to improve themselves.
- Learn what triggers your fixed mindset: even people with growth mindset haveset backsand feel like they can’t do something.
- Value progress, not perfection: telling someone that they are smart isn’t the best way to encourage them. Tell someone that they worked hard to get something done is a much better way to encourage them.
- Be willing to work hard: doing something worthwhile is not going to be easy. It takes a lot of hard work and fortitude to get what you want.
- View failures or setbacks as learning opportunities: ask yourself, what can I learn from this. Mistakes are great learning opportunities.
This is a great article on the difference between a growth mindset and a fixed mindset and the importance of having a growth mindset.